About Us

My photo
The Anderson family began in July 2003. Our family of two, soon became a family of three when we welcomed our first baby girl in December 2004. Alexis was joined by a brother and sister in March 2007. Twinners Dane and Hailey graduated our family of 3 to a family of 5. In March 2012 our family was completed by the arrival of our beautiful baby Kate. We are a busy family to say the least, but the happiest family in the world! We couldn't be a happier stronger family!

Aug 26, 2008

Fun at the Fair

We went to the Fair this last weekend. Alexis had a blast! She road on so many rides (even though she started to come down with a fever by the end of the day :( but she had fun.) She rode on rollercoasters (small and medium sized) she went on the 'big kid' fairis wheel (sp) and LOVED it! And she went on this trampoline bundgee thingy. The video starts when she finally reached the highest jump... which scared me, and I am shocked it didn't freak alexis out!!!! She had so much fun!

7 comments:

caitlin said...

That looks like so much fun! It sucks, in Utah we don't have big fairs since we have Lagoon. I always wanted to go to a fair when I was younger.

Yatesfam said...

oh wow! that is impressive that she didn't get freaked out!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Seriously Caitlin?? You should just make Bob bring you here for a 'visit' towards the end of Aug. The Benton/Franklin County Fair is always around the 23rd of Aug!!!!!

Ripley Family said...

Val...I can't beleive she went on that...it's crazy!!! But how much fun is that???? She did GREAT!!! I loved the rest of your blog...all the pics are sooo cute!!! I can't believe you have twins!!! Did you tell me in High School that twins run in your family???....I think I remember a conversation along that line. :) Miss ya and hope things are going better today and the kids are feeling better!

Nicole said...

LoL, How fun!!! And she wasn't scared one bit??

Geez, I always get your profile song stuck in my head. Every time I go on I find myself singing the song in my head for the next two or three days.

Okay, there is a time change for the open house. Just got sprung on me. It's going to be from 6:30-8:30. Not a major change.

See you there!

Anonymous said...

how fun! we missed all the fairs this year but I bet Kyla would've loved to see the animals.

The Stevens: said...

WOW, what a brave little girl. :) Fun Times!

Twinners

Twinners
Babies

Story of the twins arrival!

Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!

Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)

Twinners

Twinners