About Us

My photo
The Anderson family began in July 2003. Our family of two, soon became a family of three when we welcomed our first baby girl in December 2004. Alexis was joined by a brother and sister in March 2007. Twinners Dane and Hailey graduated our family of 3 to a family of 5. In March 2012 our family was completed by the arrival of our beautiful baby Kate. We are a busy family to say the least, but the happiest family in the world! We couldn't be a happier stronger family!

Aug 19, 2008

Today I would trade!!!

Man today was one of those 'days' (and it's only 5pm!!!) My kids have been sick forever it seems. Alexis got sick about a week ago. She got a runny nose, but was otherwise fine. You could tell she was under the weather, she was clingy and didn't want to each much of anything. It passed in about 2 days. Then Hailey started with the runny nose. Thinking it was going to be the same as Alexis, I wasn't worried.... ya well it was much worse. Runny/stuffy nose, (which is a horrible combo with sleeping at night with a binki!) Her head hurt I could just tell. She was FUSY, and I mean constant fussy. She has yet to get over it, and Dane started about 2 days after Hailey. His involves all the same, plus a very tight cough! Poor kids? yes,,,,, but I am suffering from Poor MOM! Dane and Hailey are fussy non stop! And I mean non stop. Nights have been amazingly good. However day time is not. The babies fight over wanting to be in mom's lap! (drives me nutts!) Dane has refused for the last 2 days to take a nap. This results in mom getting extremely cranky! Dane being very tired, and whiny, causing a reaction from the other kids to join in! AUGH! Today I could have given them away!!!! I am so tired. I am so cranky, and I am done! I know this day will pass, but not soon enough!

I have a great husband. He comes home, and tells me to leave, go to the back, go take a nap, go out for a drive, or a quick run to the store,,, whatever, where ever I need to go, just go and he will take the kids. Today he did that, and today has finally turned around. I just keep thinking, only 2 more hours, and the babies will be in bed. Just 2 more hours and I will not have to keep getting them off from climbing the table to touch the tv/dvd/ and all the other 'systems' we have just barely out of their reach. Just 2 more hours and I will have some peace in my head. No more crying, screaming, yelling, fusing. Just 2 more hours and I will not have to be tested on the boundries with my twinners who seem to test constantly. Just 2 more hours :)

As for this moment??? This moment is good. I just finished making mashed potatoes and corn for dinner, Drew is finishing up the Samon on the grill, and as of this exact moment, I am hiding in the computer room to blog! :) My safe haven! Seriously!!! Many people wonder how I have the time to do things like blog,,,, I do it because it's what keeps me sane!!!

I love my kids, but there are definitely some of 'these days' that I just can't get through fast enough:)

Here are my beautiful Princesses!! And my handsome Little Man!!



3 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That sounds rough... I hope everyone is feeling better soon, for your sake:) It is hard on me when Cole gets sicks and he is just one baby... I cannot imagine juggling two sick babies and another young one... you are amazing~

Andy and Lynne said...

remember what Elder Ballard said, "the joys of motherhood come in moments" remembering this helps me feel justified and that I am not a bad mom for having moments that push me to my limits. someone told me once, it is easier to love those that love you back. that is why i think being a mom can be so challenging at times because your kids don't always love you back! good luck, you ARE a great mom!!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Thanks Lynne, strange how you can find something good out of everything :) j/k, you are such a good friend!

Twinners

Twinners
Babies

Story of the twins arrival!

Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!

Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)

Twinners

Twinners