About Us

My photo
The Anderson family began in July 2003. Our family of two, soon became a family of three when we welcomed our first baby girl in December 2004. Alexis was joined by a brother and sister in March 2007. Twinners Dane and Hailey graduated our family of 3 to a family of 5. In March 2012 our family was completed by the arrival of our beautiful baby Kate. We are a busy family to say the least, but the happiest family in the world! We couldn't be a happier stronger family!

Nov 2, 2012

Baby Kate


Baby Kate is 7 months old :) I can not believe how fast time has flown. I know everyone says that, but holy cow!!!! 

There isn't too much to report on her milestones,,, 
~She has no teeth yet,, however I am sure they are coming VERY soon with how drooly and cranky she has been over the last week. And she chomps on EVERYTHING!
~She is not crawling yet... but this is more my fault then her lack of trying :) Everytime I see she is close I quietly swipe her knees out and engage her in something else hehe. Don't tell her daddy :)
~She is finding other ways to get around,, she rolls and scoots, just not on her knees yet.
~She still refuses for the most part to eat any baby food or take a bottle. She does not want to eat baby food if I am trying to feed her, but she does eat well for her daddy and grandma when they try to feed her.
~She absolutely LOVES when her brother and sisters engage her! She has only laughed (real laugh) a few times and they were all in response to her siblings playing with her.
~Kate knows who 'her people' are vs 'strangers' and lets us know when she has had enough of strangers interactions :)  None of our other kids cared much, but Kate wants to be with her mom or dad at all times.
~She still refuses a pacifier. I am very sad about this. In fact none of our kids ever 'took binki's'. The twins would suck on them, but they never used them to pacify themselves.  Alexis NEVER took one, and Kate is the same way. She will play with it as a toy, and chomp the heck out of it, but will NOT suck on it.  She is wanting to nurse all the time (I think teething) but gets mad when she gets milk because she's not hungry. horrible cycle. IF she would only take a binki, it would help GREATLY!!!!  :(

But in all she is a really good baby, and I am sad to see her getting so big so fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no hurry for crawling, it just makes life more difficult:) I can't believe she is already 7 months! I remember talking to you on the phone and you telling me you were pregnant, so crazy! We got the whoopie cusion costume at Shopko. Perfect costume for Chad.

Jamie said...

Love Love LOVE It! Your kids are so cute. Don't know how you do it all with Vball and 4 kiddos? Did you say 3 soccer teams??? what, no kids in vball? jk!

Twinners

Twinners
Babies

Story of the twins arrival!

Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!

Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)

Twinners

Twinners