About Us

My photo
The Anderson family began in July 2003. Our family of two, soon became a family of three when we welcomed our first baby girl in December 2004. Alexis was joined by a brother and sister in March 2007. Twinners Dane and Hailey graduated our family of 3 to a family of 5. In March 2012 our family was completed by the arrival of our beautiful baby Kate. We are a busy family to say the least, but the happiest family in the world! We couldn't be a happier stronger family!

Mar 11, 2012

Baby Shower

So as a result of this pregnancy being a 100% COMPLETE surprise, we have (had) NO baby items! I am talking literally!!!! I have a good friend Sarah who is having her third baby, a boy this time, and she was great enough to give me a bunch of baby girl clothing! (much MUCH appreciated!) For Christmas, my parents got us an infant car seat and a crib. And Drew's parents bought us recently a baby swing..... So essentially we had the basics at that point. And I felt much better coming to the end of my pregnancy. Well this last weekend my sisters, mom and sister in law surprised me with a baby shower! I am SOOOOO Thankful for all the wonderful friends and family who came and for the great baby items we are now stalked up on! :)


I went to bed last night feeling very physically overwhelmed... and I just had a thought that hit me.... I just honestly don't know that my body is going to make it to the Csection date. Honestly. I know most pregnant women think this, so perhaps it's simply just a pregnancy thought :).... but I got into bed and told Drew.. nothing happened.... but that I keep getting this feeling that I wont make it the full length. The Csection is even scheduled at 38 weeks lol. I have carried this pregnancy very low the entire time, but I also feel that I am carrying lower as of a few days ago. So is it possible she has dropped even lower? Perhaps,,, its what it feels like. I guess we will see.... I wouldn't throw a fit if she made an early arrival :) Yes yes, all of you,, I know it's better for her to cook longer ;) I'm just saying :)


1 comment:

Ripley Family said...

Hey girl! I know you have had your cute baby girl!!!...but i wanted to say hi and check in with you. I haven't blogged in forever and am trying to get back into it...anyways...hope baby is sleeping for you! I will be in town a lot this summer...maybe we can finally get the kids together for a play date? :)

Twinners

Twinners
Babies

Story of the twins arrival!

Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!

Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)

Twinners

Twinners