
I don't think most of you know what has been building up over the last 6 months, so I will catch you up breifly and then give you an update :)
Drew has been very sick over the last 6 months. With almost every test completed including, CT scans, Ultra sounds, Endoscopys, Colonoscopys, Hida Scans,, you name is he's had it done! (not to mention the huge amount of blood tests!!!) He met with a Surgeon who agreed that his Gall Bladder was the root of the majority of his sickness. Drew has lost 50 lbs over the last 6 months ~without trying. We do believe that half his problem is the Gall Bladder, however we also think that the other half may be Hyperthyroidism-however tests are coming back 'normal' as they did with all the testing done for his gall bladder! ~Very frustrating!!!!
So yesterday Drew had surgery to remove his gall bladder. He is doing well! A little sore, but when you are sliced open, that tends to happen :) He will be home for about a week and a half recovering. Hopefully this takes the majority of his issues away. With whatever problems he continues to have in the near future in regards to what we believe to be his Thyroid, we will tackle that when he is fully recovered. Thanks for all the help from family and friends watching the kids and giving support! We appreciate it!!!
Story of the twins arrival!
Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!
Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)
3 comments:
Oh man I am so sorry! Hope he heals up well. I have had my gall bladder out and it was miserable beforehand, but I haven't had problems since...well except when my appendix was acting up ;). Keep us posted hopefully that will help him feel better.
Hey Valarie,
How are things going now? Is he feeling better? Hopefully things will improve from here. I love all of your pictures. Your kids are so cute. Breezer is living in Lehi, UT. Her friend bought a place there so they moved out of Pleasant Grove to Lehi (10 min. north). She is still teaching 1st grade and has an enormous class. She is super busy with teaching, but enjoys it. She went to Europe this summer and had a blast. Other than that things are the same. It's good to be able to keep in touch with you!
Wow. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.
Post a Comment