As many of you know I have been called to be a Sunbeam Teacher. Yesterday was our wards Primary Program. This program was written by the Primary kids. They were all asked different questions to which their answer was their line to say in the program. The Sunbeam kids were asked, "How can you strengthen your family?" A couple of the answers were 'Having family home evening' or 'Going to the park as a family.' Those of you who know Alexis will completely get her answer. It was ' Singing songs and dancing as a family.' Well here's the funny part. The Sunbeams were in line at the microphone. When Alexis got to the front, Phebe (the other teacher) was whispering the lines to the kids. She bent down and told Alexis.....'Sing songs'.... Alexis looked at her and smiled,,, Phebe again said... 'sing songs'..... Alexis was showing confusion.. so Phebe said...'dancing'.... by then Alexis had already started belting out "Twinkle twinkle little star" into the microphone. She sang the entire song, word for word, completely on key. It was beautiful! I was laughing so hard I was in tears! It completely went along with her line 'singing and dancing as a family' but she was told 'sing songs' so she went right ahead! It was soooo funny. She finished and came back to her seat which was right next to me, looked at me and said "why is everyone laughing?" I felt bad, I told her everyone was laughing because they thought you did such a good job!! They are laughing because you made them happy, and if they could clap in curch they would be clapping for you. She was upset because people were laughing at her, but at the same time, she did such a good job, she completely enjoyed singing for everyone! I was dying- it was the funniest thing ever!
Sep 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twinners
Babies
Story of the twins arrival!
Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!
Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!
Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)
Twinners

5 comments:
Oh how cute! I love that kids do things like that.
Yeah, it sucks that we have to move. I have been crying all weekend. There are just so many memories there. It's where Bob proposed (on the roof) Oh well it must be for a reason!
p.s. thanks for you sympathy :)
That is so cute! One of my favorite things about the primary program is when kids change it up like that.
That is priceless!! Our program is in a couple of weeks, and Kendall has had her part memorize since we got it. However I am hoping she doesn't freeze up when the time comes like she did last year :) At least you know Alexis isn't shy.
Oh Valarie...how cute is that?! I hope Alexis understood that people thought she was the best part of the program! That takes some serious guts and talent! Your kids are getting so big! ( Still super cute though!!!! )
that is so sweet, I would've loved to hear it! I love the primary programs so cute.
Post a Comment