Alright, here's the low down!!! A few days ago, I was at my parents house and I was spinning my wedding ring on my finger. While I was doing this, I was feeling something strang. It felt like it was scratching my finger as I spun it. So I looked closer..... My wedding ring was BROKEN!!!!! the band broke right in half!!! Now I don't want this to come across the wrong way- but Drew spent over $1000 on this ring. It is a platinum ring?!!?! And in July we are coming up on our 5th anniversary, so the ring is not much more than 5 years old!
Drew took the ring back into Fred Meyer Jewelers, and they wont repair it for free. Not only that, but they said that Platinum is a very soft metal, and that the chances of this happening again is high. Can you believe that?! I am shocked,, I guess maybe this happens to people and you just dont hear much about it! I dont want to spend a hundred bucks just for it to happen again! I don't know if it's the store manufacturer or if it's just the way the metal is, we might just have to go with a different ring from a different store. I just don't know, but I am really bummed about it! You would think a wedding ring would last longer then 5 years!!! Holy crap!
Jul 1, 2008
My Ring?!!!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twinners
Babies
Story of the twins arrival!
Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!
Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!
Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)
Twinners

5 comments:
That's so sad! I'm sorry. I have heard that platinum is softer, but you would think it would last longer than 5 years!
tat stinks! i would take it to a different jewler than where you bought it and see what they say, like a second diagnosis.
So sad! I agree with Lynne... you should take it somewhere else and see what they say. Maybe it's time to upgrade to a bigger diamond. :-) Hey, just trying to look on the bright side for you!
that doesn't seem normal. You pay more for platinum don't you so shouldn't it LAST!! I would be very upset. If you get a new one I have been really happy with Weisfield in the Mall. Mine is currently getting resized, refinished (to shine like new) and sattured (Sp??) together all under warranty. Good luck with getting that taken care of.
Jande, you would think so wouldn't you?!!! I was so bummed, it looks like i will just have to pay the money to have it fixed, it will stink if it breaks again soon!
Post a Comment