Ok here's the story! Most people would KILL me to find out I chopped Alexis' hair off! Well it's true I did, but the worst part is that I did it myself! I know stupid! Moms out there, don't try it at home! Just take them to a professional! Ok, here's what happened! This first picture is actually about a month ago after I took her to get her hair trimmed for the very first time ever! They took off 3 inches. I thought it would help with the tangles and what not. But yesterday I was so annoyed at having to sit and comb her hair for 20- mins with her screaming that it was hurting, that my thought was,,,,, Hey it's summer time, I am going to make it shoulder length, that should make it easier for combing and brushing! But I didn't want to pay another 18 bucks for a cut! So I took her into the bathroom and did it myself. It wasn't too bad, except one side was shorter then the other---noticeably! And I didn't want to keep trying to even it out ultimately making it shorter and shorter! Here's some shots right after I cut it.
You can clearly see that the left side of the picture is more than an inch longer then the right side!!!! I was soooo nervous and didn't know what to do, all I knew is that I was not going to continue and try to fix it! I thought Drew was going to be furious with me, but he didn't think it looked bad at all :) Weird!
So I called Pam Debrine from my ward and asked her to come save me, cause she cuts hair professionally. She came by and saved my child's hair, and needless to say, I will just take Alexis to her from now on. It turned out cute, shorter then I was anticipating, but good for the summer time! :) Here's how the final product ended up.
Thanks Pam!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alexis' hair is beautiful no matter what you end up doing to it. She just has that type of hair. It will grow back and look just as great as before. But it's a fun summer hair cut!--Bad mommy!

6 comments:
Good for you for stopping after one uneven cut. When I was in second grade, my mom cut my hair... but she kept trying to fix it. By the time she took me to someone to fix it, my hair was above my ears!
Holy crap Kelsey!! I would have KILLED my mom if she did that to my hair!!!!!! Luckily it's still at her shoulders- otherwise I would have been very sad!!!
~Valarie
{He, He} that's a funny story. I think her hair looks really cute though :)
oh valarie, this is one of those great moments of motherhood! good thing the kids are too innocent to know any better yet.
At least she didn't cut it herself. It does look really cute and it will be nice for summer. PLus at least you messed up now instead of when she is like 8 or 9 and she really has an opinion :)
that is something I would do, although hopefully i would know to stop:) Her hair is very cute.
Post a Comment