About Us

My photo
The Anderson family began in July 2003. Our family of two, soon became a family of three when we welcomed our first baby girl in December 2004. Alexis was joined by a brother and sister in March 2007. Twinners Dane and Hailey graduated our family of 3 to a family of 5. In March 2012 our family was completed by the arrival of our beautiful baby Kate. We are a busy family to say the least, but the happiest family in the world! We couldn't be a happier stronger family!

Mar 30, 2008

BIRTHDAY FUN!!!!!!

We celebrated Dane, Hailey, and mom's birthday on Saturday! It was so fun to see the babies and their frosting fun. I thougth they would devour the cake a lot more then they did, but it was all fun. They got lots of fun toys and outfits. We had all the family over, including some visitors from out of town, which was extremely fun!!! Dane loved his cake, and couldn't stop feeling the frosting between his fingers. Hailey wasn't quite sure she even liked the taste of the cake :) But ended up having fun with it anyway.


Towards the end they switched cakes, because of course what the other one has, they have to have!!!


Thanks to everyone who came and helped celebrate!!!! You made it a very special day! They will officially be 1 on March 31st! My birthday was officially today (March 30th)




4 comments:

Elicia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL!!!! Looks like you had a ton of fun :) Love ya!

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday! Too much fun!

Gosfam said...

Hope you had a great day!! I didn't realize your twins were 2 months younger then Shanell's. I thought they were closer in age. I obviously know nothing :)

The Stevens: said...

Classic! Love that you had two cakes:)

Twinners

Twinners
Babies

Story of the twins arrival!

Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!

Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)

Twinners

Twinners