About Us

My photo
The Anderson family began in July 2003. Our family of two, soon became a family of three when we welcomed our first baby girl in December 2004. Alexis was joined by a brother and sister in March 2007. Twinners Dane and Hailey graduated our family of 3 to a family of 5. In March 2012 our family was completed by the arrival of our beautiful baby Kate. We are a busy family to say the least, but the happiest family in the world! We couldn't be a happier stronger family!

Feb 28, 2008

Elmo!


Sesame Street is not the "normal" show that Alexis chooses to watch first thing in the morning. We usually have Sponge Bob or Dora going, however this morning Alexis chose to watch Sesame Street. I had the show going and had the babies in their bouncer seats ready to eat breakfast. As soon as they were done eating I did my usual "computer run." (I go into the computer room to send off an email to Drew letting him know we are all awake and alive and how the morning has been going etc.) So I am writing my email to Drew when I hear Dane laughing his head off. I thought it might be Alexis playing with him, cause they play together SOOOO well and all the time. I peaked my head into the living to see what Alexis was doing to cause him to laugh so hard, but she was watching TV. Elmo's World was on, and everytime Elmo would laugh (which if you have ever seen the show happens almost constantly) Dane would giggle! He was laughing so hard by the time Elmo's World was finished he had such a red face and was completely out of breath! Who knows if it will happen again tomorrow, but I will for sure have the video camera ready in case it does!

3 comments:

Melissa Garn said...

Crazy...I do know of Lindsey. I think she was in my husbands ward, but he's not home to confirm that. She was friends with my brother, but I don't really know her well. How old is she? I know she went to Layton High. It is such a small world!

Melissa Garn said...

She was in my husband's ward. I think her parents still live there, I can ask my mother in law for their address if you want. I don't think my brother knows where she is now...your best bet would probably be her parents.

Melissa Garn said...

Her parents number is 547-1745
I hope you find her!
Melissa

Twinners

Twinners
Babies

Story of the twins arrival!

Alright, here's the scoop. On March 31st, I was starting to retain a bunch of water in my abdomin and the previous day I was spilling protein, so the doctor wanted me to go up to the hospital to have a lab taken to make sure I wasn't developing high blood pressure ( preeclampisa). So I went to the hospital at 8pm. The moment they hooked me up to the monitors I started contracting! Every 5 mins getting progressively worse in that hour. The doctor came back in and said, well you are in labor, what do you want to do?? I looked at him and told him he either had 3 hours to get these babies out of me, or we were waiting another 24 hrs because I was not going to have these babies on April 1st! So the doctor said, how soon can your husband be here? We then started preparing for Dane and Hailey's arrivals.
I arrived at the hospital to have some labs done at 8pm, by 9pm we decided we were delivering, and Dane arrived at 10:09pm and Hailey at 10:10pm. Both babies were in the NIC-U for 2 days since they were so early (35 1/2 weeks) and then were released to pediatrics with me and Drew. We were all able to head home on their week birthday:) Both Dane and Hailey are doing extremely well, and big sister Alexis couldn't be happier! I'm just glad they are out of my stomach!

Valarie Drew Alexis Dane and Hailey :)

Twinners

Twinners